Your body uses water to enable the basic functions of life to work: the brain, the heart, circulatory system and all the vital organs and processes. Water is also necessary for your body maintain its temperature, lubricate your joints and eliminate waste. Water is needed for survival and overall good health.
Pure water is the best beverage for staying hydrated. Other drinks and foods can help; but some may add extra calories from sugar to your diet. Milk, herbal teas, and fruit and vegetable juices add to the amount of water you get each day. Fruits, vegetables and soup broths are also great sources of water. Even caffeinated drinks, like coffee, tea and soda, can add to your daily water intake. However, there are some things you need to know about caffeine:
- Caffeine in moderation (about 200 to 300 milligrams per day) is not harmful for most people. 200 to 300 milligrams of caffeine is about the amount in 2 to 4, 8-ounce cups of coffee.
- It is best to limit caffeinated drinks.
- Caffeine often causes frequent urination.
- Caffeine causes some people to feel anxious or jittery.
Sports drinks can be helpful when you exercise at higher than normal levels. These drinks contain carbohydrates and electrolytes that can help to increase your energy level. Sports drinks may help your body absorb water. But be careful when hydrating with sports drinks, because:
- Many sports drinks are high in calories from added sugar.
- Some sports drinks contain high levels of sodium (salt).
- Some sports drinks contain caffeine.
ThirstyRock Hydration understands how important it is to stay hydrated. If you are a motorcyclist, it is important to stay hydrated throughout your ride. The ThirstyRock Hydration Tank Bag mounts to any motorcycle, ATV or off-road vehicle with multiple D-ring anchors or a wrap-around magnet system. There’s no longer any excuse not to stay hydrated while out on the road. Give your body what it needs to survive and be healthy: water! For more information and to order your ThirstyRock Hydration Tank Bag, visit https://www.thirstyrockhydration.com.